Saturday, October 9, 2010


The ad read, " The Internet making magazines and books extinct is as likely to happen as instant coffee wiping out real coffee.” It’s just not going to happen. I don’t even know if I could bring myself to read a novel on my Mac. I couldn’t give up opening a new book because the binding cracks and pops and it smells like September in the third grade. I can underline and dog-ear every page of a real book if I want to and carry it with me without worrying the battery might run out in the middle of the best part.

There are some things best left in their original form. White powder just cannot replace half and half. And, when you eat sugar free, fat free, lactose free, low carb ice cream you make be protecting yourself from sugar, fat, lactose and carbs, but all you get is a bunch of frozen chemicals. Why bother? Egg Beaters is just a carton of tinted egg whites. Here’s my question; what’s worse for you, the cholesterol or the yellow dye?

Since everyone is becoming concerned about going green we just might be in the process of reversing the trend from knock-offs back to originals. Who knows, we may someday be eating real butter, drinking whole milk from glass bottles and actually walking to the next room to talk to someone face to face again.

No comments:

Post a Comment