Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I normally don’t take a bubble bath in the morning, but I was cold and thought it would be a great way to start the day.   The only bubble liquid I could find was Johnson and Johnson lavender soothing Baby Wash.  Not fancy, but it works, the grandkids won’t mind, and no worries if it gets in my eyes.
I had to ease into the water.  I was cold to start with so it felt extra hot. I propped my head on a towel and closed my eyes.  Just as I was starting to relax, the phone rang. I was expecting a couple of important calls, but thought they wouldn’t come until later in the morning.  I hopped out of the bath leaving a trail of bubbles searching for Droid.   Wrong number!
I eased back into the tub again. I was thinking about what I needed at the grocery store and how I was going to match the ceiling paint where I changed the light fixture in the great room, when I noticed it.  Oh my gosh!  There was a nine inch square on the tile floor in front of the linen closet that was dirty.  Not just a little but, but really dirty. How had I not seen it until now?  That’s the downside of earth colored tile.
So I got out of my warm bubble cocoon, wrapped up in a towel and went after the dirt spot.  It was like pulling one weed out of the flower bed. There’s never just one weed.  Thirty minutes later the bath water was cold, I was cold, but the floor was clean.
When the kids were little I couldn’t soak in the tub because someone was always asking questions with their mouth under the door.  When they were teenagers I didn’t have time.  Now that I have a little extra time, I won’t let myself soak in the tub.  I think I’ll just stick with a shower from now on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment