Tuesday, January 5, 2010


I’m not a big fan of change. I like a routine and a plan because it feels like there’s security in working the plan. Change others don’t miss a step with can set me off balance for days. I’ve gotten a little more flexible over the years, but still resist what I consider unnecessary change.

I had to get a new computer because mine was an antique in computer years and had begun slowly slipping away. Most people would be thrilled, but I had to get to the point of total exasperation before I conceded to a trip to Best Buy. After an hour of what I’m sure the twenty-something geek guy thought was basic instruction, I left the store with a blank stare and sweating palms. It will take me until this one is dying to understand how everything works.

Whether we like it or not the only thing really consistent in life is change itself. Change is good mostly because it kindly forces us to step out of our “safe” zones so we learn and grow. Who wants to become stagnant and boring anyway?

So, I’m fearlessly taking the challenge of learning a new computer. I’ve also been given a bonus lesson as this adventure clearly reminds me to never flippantly say, “Oh, it’s so easy,” to someone who is facing something new.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your blog! Ill stay updated for sure! Thanks for the anecdotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun - feels like I'm getting to talk to you over coffee in Branson!! :) I always thought I was pretty adaptable, because of all the moves through the years! I've come to realize that I'm really not so fond of change after all!! I know with God's help, I can face new things He brings my way! Handling my frustration is always my biggest obstacle! Thanks for sparking me on, girl, to take the challenge of whatever comes my way!!

    ReplyDelete